Building in Its Signature Color
TD Ameritrade is known by its signature green color. With the completion of its innovative headquarters building, the company’s brand color goes beyond aspiration to actualization. Miller Electric was excited to help TD Ameritrade realize its vision of a truly green building by providing guidance and installation of LEED requirements. Our involvement in the project included efficient design and construction advice and energy-saving appliances, systems and lighting. We also installed energy use monitoring systems that will help TD Ameritrade keep their building operating efficiently for years to come.
Other green features of the company’s headquarters complex include:
- Insulation made from recycled denim
- LED light sensors to control lighting at individual desks
- Toilets that flush harvested rainwater
- Three solar arrays to generate electricity
- Filtering dots on external glass that reduce heat and light in designated spots
- Renewable building materials like bamboo, natural rubber floors and linoleum made from linseed oil
As an electrical company with a LEED-certified project manager, Miller Electric brings a genuinely green approach to every electrical system we design. We applaud TD Ameritrade for investing in sustainable energy options for its new headquarters complex and feel truly privileged to have played an integral role in the design and construction of such an innovative edifice. We believe it’s always the right choice to design sustainable systems that preserve natural resources for the enjoyment of future generations.