Service Manager - (SM10/2020)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The service manager is responsible for both the company vehicles and the employees/drivers for each piece of equipment. The incumbent must make sure that all equipment is in good running order and that each driver has the proper authorization to operate the assigned equipment. This position will assist with scheduling, estimates for customers and periodic negotiation of projects.
Miller Electric Company - Omaha, NE 68105 US (Primary)
Education: Electrical trade/apprentice program preferred
Career Level: Management/Supervisory
Date Needed By: 11/15/2020
Job Type: Full-Time- Salary Exempt
Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required. Clean MVR is required. Before placing a person in this position, a DOT physical examination and drug test is required.
- Scheduling of services.
- Estimating for service calls.
- Receiving calls from service personnel for schedules, orders, tools, materials.
- Request quotes from suppliers.
- Assist with customer calls that office personnel need help with.
- Billing for PO’s and Cost Centers.
- Constant communication with service personnel and office.
- Handle various job issues, field complaints and re-schedule as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Specific service work and driving company equipment is required.
- Electrical systems knowledge is required for this position.
- Construction industry knowledge is a key to this position.
- Ability to work with complex projects, understand details of service calls and organization of work is essential.
- Capable of handling several projects at one time and work with various customers and employee groups to conduct the project within budget and a given timeline.
- Service work practices are essential.
- Practical hands-on work in a field position is also critical.
- Electrical education including but not limited to a formal apprentice program is strongly preferred.
- Working experience in the electrical industry is a requirement. This may include both field and office work to fully understand the overall project management flow of work.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and to then solve the problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Light physical activity. Minimal lifting (up to 25lbs). Non-strenuous activities of an administrative nature.
Miller is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V