Warehouse Delivery Driver - (DRI-07/2020)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The incumbent to this position will drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of fewer than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up the merchandise or to deliver packages. May load and unload vehicles as required throughout the day.
Miller Electric Company - Omaha, NE 68105 US (Primary)
- Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required.
- Clean MVR is required.
- Before placing a person in this position, a DOT physical examination and drug test is required.
- Obey the Company vehicle policy.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Ensure loads are properly secured with straps, tie-downs, etc.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, following regulations.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Warehouse experience is helpful.
- Electrical systems and component knowledge are helpful.
- Construction experience would be recommended for this position.
- The ability to work with computer systems including inventory is helpful.
- Knowledge of Omaha/Council Bluffs Metro area street routes is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Driving experience with vehicle operation is critical and essential.
- Warehouse and inventory control experience is a requirement for this position.
- Knowledge of electrical components and their use is also essential.
- Working experience in the electrical industry is preferred.
- Have a good driving record with a current operator’s license.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and to then solve the problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Light physical activity. Minimal lifting (up to 100lbs).
|ADA Related Requirements||0-24%||25-49%||50-74%||75-100%|
Seeing and hearing: Read documents, computer screen, answer phones, communicate in person. Driving vehicles in a variety of weather conditions.
Standing and walking
Climbing, stooping and kneeling
Dexterity: utilizing phone, typing, and writing.