Construction Wireman - (CONW-7/2019)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Construction Wireman program is a four-year entry level program that consists of five levels. Advancement is completing the required coursework, by working the required number of hours, and taking a test to show skill improvement.
The purpose of this position is to help to meet the needs of lesser qualified individuals and provide a career path for them. The classifications will allow these individuals to be more employable and, most importantly, able to retain their employment during economic downturns.
Miller Electric Company - Omaha, NE 68105 US (Primary)
Education: High School/GED
Career Level: Trade Electrician
Date Needed By: 9/1/2019
Job Type: Full-Time-Hourly-Non Exempt
Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required. Clean MVR is required. Before placing a person in this position, a DOT physical examination and drug test is required.
Assisting electricians and learning what the specific duties of the job will include
- Wire pulling, bending conduit.
- Installing light fixtures.
- Plugging and switching lighting.
- Working in the pre-fab shop for assembly.
- Performing other duties including maintenance and general job site housekeeping.
Individuals, with or without prior experience in the electrical construction industry, may make an application for the Construction Wireman position. Evaluation and placement as a Construction Wireman will be based on the applicant’s skills, experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a Social security card, or proof of a social security number.
- Must have a birth certificate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must show proof of high school graduation or GED.
- Will required to do a Pre-Employment physical examination form that must be completed before the applicant can be sent to a contractor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/Equivalent.
- Working experience in the electrical or construction background or equivalent preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and to then solve the problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Moderate physical activity. Minimal lifting (up to 50lbs).
Miller is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V