Project Manager - (PM-7/2019)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Manager is responsible for the effective management of projects assigned and marketing the company and its services to obtain new projects. This includes responsibility for building effective relationships with clients, suppliers, and staff and ensuring the effectiveness, quality, compliance, and profitability of each project. The Project Manager reports directly to the Division Manager.
Miller Electric Company - Omaha, NE 68105 US (Primary)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Manager/Supervisor
Date Needed By: 9/1/2019
Job Type: Full-Time-Salary-Exempt
Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required. Clean MVR is required. Before placing a person in this position, a DOT physical examination and drug test is required.
- Building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers. Marketing services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts. Advising clients of new and effective products and services. Actively seeking out new opportunities, projects and clients estimating and obtaining new projects.
- Maximizing profitability of projects while building positive relationships and a positive image. Achieving and exceeding financial profit of projects, maximizing project cash-flow. Leading the preplanning of projects to ensure project success.
- Writing quotations and project proposals, administering of contracts, negotiating and obtaining of contracts. Setting up projects in relevant software applications, preparing tenders for subcontractors and suppliers. Awarding subcontracts with relevant management approvals and working with general contractors and consultants to ensure success.
- Scheduling manpower, equipment, and material for project, ordering material. Deciding which equipment and tools to use. Managing manpower while building positive relationships with crew and foreman. Interviewing and hiring new foremen and staff as required. Attending regular site meetings.
- Managing project, labor and materials to achieve project outcomes, continuously monitoring projects and reporting project progress on a monthly basis, taking corrective action when necessary and solving problems and roadblocks to achieve or exceed project targets, and effectively controlling project costs.
- Ensuring quality of workmanship is to company standards, enforce company’s safety policy and identify areas for improvement, providing effective training for foremen and ensuring correct training levels for other staff including apprentices and new employees, and ensuring that all electrical codes, safety codes and proper work practices are followed.
- Documentation of project, including the approval of shop drawings, ensuring timely and effective billings, estimating, reviewing, pricing and submitting of all change orders, providing accurate forecasting and project reporting, and effectively closing out of projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Electrical systems knowledge is required for this position.
- Construction experience is a must for this position.
- Ability to work with complex projects, understand details of project management.
- Capable of handling several projects at one time and work with various employee groups to conduct the project within budget and a given timeline.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to handle highly confidential information/material.
- Proficient computer skills, including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and accounting software.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and to then solve the problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. (Importance: 5)
- Light physical activity. Minimal lifting (up to 25lbs). Non-strenuous activities of an administrative nature.
- Extensive close vision activities.
Miller is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V