Cabler - (CAB-7/2019)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Install and repair telecommunications cable, including fiber optics. Assist in the installation of Low Voltage systems as needed per job assignment not to include any supervision of any kind over any personnel.
Miller Electric Company - Omaha, NE 68105 US (Primary)
Education: High School
Career Level: Entry Level Electrician
Date Needed By: 8/20/2019
Job Type: Full-Time-Hourly-Non Exempt
Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required. Clean MVR is required. Before placing a person in this position, a DOT physical examination and drug test is required.
- Travel to job assignment per foreman instruction daily.
- Main job function is to assist with cable pulling, material handling and general Low Voltage labor.
- No involvement with customers or end users. Reports directly to foreman or person directed by foreman once on a job site.
- Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions.
- Splice cables, using hand tools, epoxy, or mechanical equipment.
- Measure signal strength at utility poles, using electronic test equipment.
- Set up service for customers, installing, connecting, testing, or adjusting equipment.
- Place insulation over conductors or seal splices with moisture-proof covering.
- Access specific areas to string lines or install terminal boxes, auxiliary equipment, or appliances, using bucket trucks, or by climbing poles or ladders, or entering tunnels, trenches, or crawl spaces.
- String cables between structures and lines from poles, towers, or trenches and pull lines to proper tension.
- Install equipment such as amplifiers or repeaters to maintain the strength of communications transmissions.
- Lay underground cable directly in trenches or string it through conduits running through trenches.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with a variety of projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrical education is helpful.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and to then solve the problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Light physical activity. Minimal lifting (up to 50lbs).
Miller is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V